- 1 How old is Haley Barbour?
- 2 How much does the governor of Mississippi make a year?
- 3 Who was the first Republican governor in Mississippi?
- 4 Who was the governor of Mississippi in 1955?
- 5 Who ran for governor in Mississippi?
- 6 Who was the governor of Mississippi that strongly favored succession?
- 7 How do I contact the governor of Mississippi?
How old is Haley Barbour?
Haley Reeves Barbour (born October 22, 1947) is an American attorney, politician, and lobbyist who served as the 63rd Governor of Mississippi from 2004 to 2012. A member of the Republican Party, he served as chairman of the Republican National Committee from 1993 to 1997.
How much does the governor of Mississippi make a year?
List of governors of Mississippi
|Governor of Mississippi|
|Succession||Every four years, unless reelected|
|Deputy||Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi|
Who was the first Republican governor in Mississippi?
Daniel Kirkwood “Kirk” Fordice Jr. He was the first Republican governor of the state since Reconstruction-era governor Adelbert Ames, who served from 1874 to 1876, and the first governor elected to two consecutive four-year terms (following a 1987 amendment to the state constitution).
Who was the governor of Mississippi in 1955?
1955 Mississippi gubernatorial election
|Nominee||James P. Coleman||Paul B. Johnson Jr.|
Who ran for governor in Mississippi?
2019 Mississippi gubernatorial election
|Nominee||Tate Reeves||Jim Hood|
Who was the governor of Mississippi that strongly favored succession?
More importantly, the delegates called for a southern convention to be held in Nashville in June 1850. Before that Nashville meeting, Democrat John A. Quitman was elected governor of Mississippi. Known as Mississippi’s “Father of Secession,” Quitman encouraged the state to leave the Union.
How do I contact the governor of Mississippi?
- Official Name: Mississippi.
- Governor: Tate Reeves.
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact: Contact Governor Tate Reeves’ office.
- Phone Number: 1-601-359-3150.