- 1 Who sang at the Obama inauguration?
- 2 Who has sung at the White House?
- 3 Who performed at George W Bush’s inauguration?
- 4 Do outgoing presidents attend the inauguration?
- 5 Who performed at President Trump’s Inauguration Day?
- 6 How many inaugural balls did Obama have?
- 7 Did Obama have a second inauguration?
- 8 What country group played at the White House?
- 9 How old was GHW Bush when he was first inaugurated?
- 10 Who sang national anthem for George W Bush?
- 11 How many troops were at Bush’s inauguration?
- 12 Which president did not attend the inauguration?
- 13 What time does the inauguration start?
- 14 Who was the first president to ride in a car to and from his inaugural ceremony?
Who sang at the Obama inauguration?
Evangelical pastor Rick Warren delivered the invocation for the inaugural ceremony, followed by a performance by vocalist Aretha Franklin, who sang “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee”.
Who has sung at the White House?
- President Obama Welcomes Guests to “In Performance at the White House: Country Music”
- Alison Krauss: “When You Say Nothing at All”
- Dierks Bentley: “Home”
- Kris Kristofferson: “Me & Bobby McGee”
- Arnold McCuller & Lyle Lovett: “Funny How Time Slips Away”
- The Band Perry: “I Will Always Love You”
Who performed at George W Bush’s inauguration?
On the eve of the inauguration, there was a celebration for U.S. authors hosted by Laura Bush at DAR Constitution Hall. Wayne Newton, Brooks & Dunn, and Ricky Martin performed as the pre-inaugural entertainment.
Do outgoing presidents attend the inauguration?
The outgoing president and vice president also customarily attend the ceremony. While most outgoing presidents have appeared on the inaugural platform with their successor, six did not: John Adams left Washington rather than attend the 1801 inauguration of Thomas Jefferson.
Who performed at President Trump’s Inauguration Day?
The concert, held on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, featured performances by Lee Greenwood (who performed “God Bless the USA”), Toby Keith, 3 Doors Down, DJ Ravidrums, The Piano Guys, and The Frontmen of Country (Tim Rushlow, Larry Stewart, and Richie McDonald).
How many inaugural balls did Obama have?
For the 2009 inauguration of Barack Obama, 10 official and 121 unofficial inaugural balls were held.
Did Obama have a second inauguration?
Barack Obama takes the oath of office for his second term. The second inauguration of Barack Obama as President of the United States was the 57th inauguration and marked the commencement of the second and final term of Barack Obama as president and Joe Biden as vice president.
What country group played at the White House?
This week, country performers Charley Pride, Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss led a music workshop for middle and high school students — at the White House.
How old was GHW Bush when he was first inaugurated?
Presidential age-related data
|#||President||Age at start of presidency|
|40||Ronald Reagan||69 years, 349 days Jan 20, 1981|
|41||George H. W. Bush||64 years, 222 days Jan 20, 1989|
|42||Bill Clinton||46 years, 154 days Jan 20, 1993|
Who sang national anthem for George W Bush?
Mary Jorie Millben is an American singer, actress and media personality. Millben has performed for three consecutive U.S. Presidents: George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump.
How many troops were at Bush’s inauguration?
As the first presidential inauguration after the September 11 attacks, security was tighter than previous ceremonies. The inaugural parade route as well as other related sites were guarded by 13,000 police and soldiers, in addition to aerial patrols by helicopter and fighter aircraft and rooftop sharpshooters.
Which president did not attend the inauguration?
Outgoing President John Quincy Adams did not attend his successor’s Inaugural Ceremony. Relations between the two men were not good after the bitter campaign of 1828. Jackson blamed the verbal attacks made by Adams and his political allies for the death of his wife.
What time does the inauguration start?
The 20th amendment to the Constitution specifies that the term of each elected President of the United States begins at noon on January 20 of the year following the election. Each president must take the oath of office before assuming the duties of the position.
Who was the first president to ride in a car to and from his inaugural ceremony?
President Warren Harding was the first to ride to his Inauguration by car, a Packard Twin-Six, and the first qualified driver to be elected President.