- 1 What was the weather at the inauguration?
- 2 Has there ever been a snow storm during inauguration?
- 3 When was the last time it snowed during an inauguration?
- 4 What was the weather like in DC on 1/20 21?
- 5 Whose inauguration was the first to be on the Internet?
- 6 Which president gave the longest presidential inauguration speech in history?
- 7 How cold is inauguration?
- 8 Has it ever snowed on Election Day?
- 9 How cold was JFK inauguration?
- 10 Who gave the shortest inauguration speech?
- 11 Which presidents did not attend their successors inauguration?
- 12 Who was the youngest person inaugurated as president?
- 13 What was the temperature in DC today?
- 14 Will it snow in DC in 2021?
- 15 What was the temperature in Washington DC last night?
What was the weather at the inauguration?
One of the more well-known inauguration weather accounts features William Henry Harrison, who was sworn in as President of the United States in Washington, D.C. on March 4, 1841. The day was cloudy and chilly with a low of 34°F (1°C) in the morning and a high of 51°F (11°C) in the afternoon.
Has there ever been a snow storm during inauguration?
The nor’easter is sometimes referred to as the Kennedy Inaugural Snowstorm, since it struck on the eve of the inauguration of John F. Kennedy. In advance of the storm, the Weather Bureau predicted a mix of rain and snow in Washington, D.C., but instead, the precipitation remained frozen.
When was the last time it snowed during an inauguration?
“We’ve had light rain several times,” and President Trump’s Inauguration Day in 2017 was dampened by “sprinkles,” Martin said. Actual falling snow hasn’t been reported during the inauguration ceremony on any of the Jan. 20 dates, since 1937, Martin explained.
What was the weather like in DC on 1/20 21?
It was mostly cloudy but the temperature was a spring- like 55-degrees. Coldest: 1985 – President Ronald Reagan coincidentally owns the coldest Inauguration Day as well. His second swearing-in ceremony on January 21 had to be held indoors and the parade was canceled.
Whose inauguration was the first to be on the Internet?
President Ronald Reagan’s inauguration at the U.S. Capitol 1981. First time that the ceremony was broadcast live on the Internet.
Which president gave the longest presidential inauguration speech in history?
Harrison delivered the longest inaugural address to date, running 8,445 words.
How cold is inauguration?
|Normal High||Normal Low||Record Snow|
|43°F||28°F||3.8 inches in 1975|
Has it ever snowed on Election Day?
The last time measurable snow has fallen on an Election Day was back in 2002 when 1.9 inches of snow fell. This was the greatest ever on an Election Day.
How cold was JFK inauguration?
Kennedy did not wear an overcoat when taking the oath of office and delivering the inaugural address, despite the cold conditions of 22 °F (−6 °C) with windchill at 7 °F (−14 °C) at noon.
Who gave the shortest inauguration speech?
George Washington’s second inaugural address remains the shortest ever delivered, at just 135 words.
Which presidents did not attend their successors inauguration?
While most outgoing presidents have appeared on the inaugural platform with their successor, six did not:
- John Adams left Washington rather than attend the 1801 inauguration of Thomas Jefferson.
- John Quincy Adams also left town, unwilling to be present for the 1829 inauguration of Andrew Jackson.
Who was the youngest person inaugurated as president?
The youngest person to assume the presidency was Theodore Roosevelt, who, at the age of 42, succeeded to the office after the assassination of William McKinley. The youngest to become president by election was John F. Kennedy, who was inaugurated at age 43.
What was the temperature in DC today?
Upcoming 5 hours
|Now||3:00 am||6:00 am|
|71 °F||67 °F||67 °F|
Will it snow in DC in 2021?
November 2020 to October 2021. Winter temperatures will be above normal, on average, with the coldest periods in mid-December and early and mid-January. Precipitation will be near normal, with mostly below-normal snowfall. The snowiest periods will occur in mid-December and early March.
What was the temperature in Washington DC last night?
Washington DC Weather History for the Previous 24 Hours
|7:52 pm||76 °F||6 mph|
|6:52 pm||79 °F||3 mph|
|5:52 pm||78 °F||No wind|