- 1 Who sang the national anthem at Obama’s second inauguration?
- 2 What is the signing ceremony inauguration?
- 3 What time is president sworn in?
- 4 What singers performed for Obama?
- 5 Is there an inauguration for a second term president?
- 6 Why do they sign bills with multiple pens?
- 7 Where is the official inauguration ceremony held?
- 8 How many inauguration ceremonies have there been?
- 9 Which president did not use the Bible to take the oath of office?
- 10 What happens if no president by Inauguration Day?
- 11 Who was the first president in the United States of America?
- 12 What bands have played at the White House?
- 13 Who has performed at the White House?
- 14 What country group sang at the White House?
Who sang the national anthem at Obama’s second inauguration?
Following the salute, Obama delivered his inaugural address to the crowds as the president of the United States at 11:53 AM Eastern Time, which was 2,137 words long and took 18.5 minutes to deliver. This was followed by a performance by vocalist Kelly Clarkson, who sang “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee”.
What is the signing ceremony inauguration?
The first official actions taken by the newly sworn President of the United States occur in the President’s Room just off the Senate Chamber in the U.S. Capitol. These visits frequently lasted through the night, with the President remaining at the Capitol the entire time.
What time is president sworn in?
The 20th amendment to the Constitution specifies that the term of each elected President of the United States begins at noon on January 20 of the year following the election. Each president must take the oath of office before assuming the duties of the position.
What singers performed for Obama?
|Performer(s) / Speaker(s)||Act|
|Usher, Stevie Wonder, and Shakira||“Higher Ground” by Stevie Wonder|
|Samuel L. Jackson||Referencing Abraham Lincoln, Rosa Parks, and Martin Luther King Jr.|
|U2||“Pride (In the Name of Love)” and “City of Blinding Lights”|
|Barack Obama||Speech: Voices Calling for Change|
Is there an inauguration for a second term president?
The inauguration takes place for each new presidential term, even if the president is continuing in office for a second term. Recitation of the presidential oath of office is the only component in this ceremony mandated by the United States Constitution (in Article II, Section One, Clause 8).
Why do they sign bills with multiple pens?
One practice is to use multiple pens and honor individuals by giving them the pens used to form the signature, typically one pen would be used for each stroke of the president’s signature. For example, the signing of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, President Lyndon B. Johnson used more than 75 pens.
Where is the official inauguration ceremony held?
Presidential inaugural ceremonies are perhaps the most widely known of the numerous ceremonies held at the U.S. Capitol.
How many inauguration ceremonies have there been?
PRESIDENT’S SWEARING-IN CEREMONY There have been 58 formal Presidential Inaugural ceremonies, held at more than 10 different locations.
Which president did not use the Bible to take the oath of office?
Theodore Roosevelt did not use the Bible when taking the oath in 1901, nor did John Quincy Adams, who swore on a book of law, with the intention that he was swearing on the constitution.
What happens if no president by Inauguration Day?
It further states that if, on Inauguration Day, a president-elect has not yet been chosen, or if the president-elect fails to qualify, the vice president-elect would become acting president on Inauguration Day until a president-elect is chosen or the president-elect qualifies; previously, the Constitution did not
Who was the first president in the United States of America?
On April 30, 1789, George Washington, standing on the balcony of Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York, took his oath of office as the first President of the United States.
What bands have played at the White House?
The evening will include performances by McCartney himself and Stevie Wonder, Elvis Costello, Jonas Brothers, Herbie Hancock, Emmylou Harris, Corinne Bailey Rae, Dave Grohl, Faith Hill, Lang Lang and Jack White, with remarks by Jerry Seinfeld.
Who has performed at the White House?
- President Obama Welcomes Guests to “In Performance at the White House: Country Music”
- Alison Krauss: “When You Say Nothing at All”
- Dierks Bentley: “Home”
- Kris Kristofferson: “Me & Bobby McGee”
- Arnold McCuller & Lyle Lovett: “Funny How Time Slips Away”
- The Band Perry: “I Will Always Love You”
What country group sang at the White House?
This week, country performers Charley Pride, Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss led a music workshop for middle and high school students — at the White House.