- 1 Who sang at the Obama inauguration?
- 2 Who sang at Clinton’s inauguration?
- 3 Who has sung at the White House?
- 4 Is Demi Lovato performing at the inauguration?
- 5 What singers performed for Obama?
- 6 Who performed at President Trump’s Inauguration Day?
- 7 How old was Bill Clinton when he was inaugurated?
- 8 Did Obama have a second inauguration?
- 9 Did the Jonas Brothers perform for the President?
- 10 What was the White House originally called?
- 11 Who sang lovely day for Joe Biden?
- 12 What did Demi Lovato sing at Celebrate America?
- 13 Who sang lovely day at celebrating America?
Who sang at the Obama inauguration?
Evangelical pastor Rick Warren delivered the invocation for the inaugural ceremony, followed by a performance by vocalist Aretha Franklin, who sang “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee”.
Who sang at Clinton’s inauguration?
The two-hour outdoor concert that started the festival kicked off the Clinton/Gore Inaugural. Hundreds of thousands of people attended the free concert, which featured entertainers Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Michael Bolton, Tony Bennett, Bob Dylan, Diana Ross, and rapper LL Cool J.
Who has sung at the White House?
- President Obama Welcomes Guests to “In Performance at the White House: Country Music”
- Alison Krauss: “When You Say Nothing at All”
- Dierks Bentley: “Home”
- Kris Kristofferson: “Me & Bobby McGee”
- Arnold McCuller & Lyle Lovett: “Funny How Time Slips Away”
- The Band Perry: “I Will Always Love You”
Is Demi Lovato performing at the inauguration?
Demi Lovato’s Performance at Biden’s Inauguration Celebration Was Incredible. Among the many performers who lent their talents to the celebration of President Joe Biden’s inauguration was one Demi Lovato, who took the virtual stage to sing an upbeat cover of the Bill Withers classic “Lovely Day.”
What singers performed for Obama?
|Performer(s) / Speaker(s)||Act|
|Usher, Stevie Wonder, and Shakira||“Higher Ground” by Stevie Wonder|
|Samuel L. Jackson||Referencing Abraham Lincoln, Rosa Parks, and Martin Luther King Jr.|
|U2||“Pride (In the Name of Love)” and “City of Blinding Lights”|
|Barack Obama||Speech: Voices Calling for Change|
Who performed at President Trump’s Inauguration Day?
The concert, held on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, featured performances by Lee Greenwood (who performed “God Bless the USA”), Toby Keith, 3 Doors Down, DJ Ravidrums, The Piano Guys, and The Frontmen of Country (Tim Rushlow, Larry Stewart, and Richie McDonald).
How old was Bill Clinton when he was inaugurated?
Presidential age-related data
|#||President||Age at start of presidency|
|40||Ronald Reagan||69 years, 349 days Jan 20, 1981|
|41||George H. W. Bush||64 years, 222 days Jan 20, 1989|
|42||Bill Clinton||46 years, 154 days Jan 20, 1993|
Did Obama have a second inauguration?
Barack Obama takes the oath of office for his second term. The second inauguration of Barack Obama as President of the United States was the 57th inauguration and marked the commencement of the second and final term of Barack Obama as president and Joe Biden as vice president.
Did the Jonas Brothers perform for the President?
Artists from all the genres and backgrounds paid tribute to the music legend with a concert hosted by the President and First Lady at the White House. Take a break and go behind-the-scenes with the Jonas Brothers as they prepare for and perform the Beatles classic “Drive My Car” for President Obama and Sir Paul.
What was the White House originally called?
Originally called the “President’s Palace” on early maps, the building was officially named the Executive Mansion in 1810 in order to avoid connotations of royalty.
Who sang lovely day for Joe Biden?
Demi Lovato was among the performers at President Joe Biden’s Celebrating America inauguration event (January 20).
What did Demi Lovato sing at Celebrate America?
Lovato — rocking a short cropped pink hairdo and baggy business suit — sang Bill Withers’ iconic “Lovely Day,” demonstrating her effortless ability to hit show-stopping high notes and then drop immediately back into the groove of the song without missing a beat.
Who sang lovely day at celebrating America?
Demi Lovato gave a soaring performance of the late Bill Withers’ track “Lovely Day” during the primetime special dubbed Celebrating America on Wednesday (Jan. 20).