- 1 How long was Obama’s inauguration speech?
- 2 Who wrote Barack Obama inauguration speech?
- 3 What is the purpose of the presidential inauguration address?
- 4 How does Obama address the first big crisis as president?
- 5 Which president did not use the Bible to take the oath of office?
- 6 Who swears in the VP?
- 7 How can I be a good speech writer?
- 8 How do you become a professional speech writer?
- 9 Who was Obamas press secretary?
- 10 Which president gave the shortest inauguration speech?
- 11 Who gave the longest inauguration speech?
- 12 What is the president’s first speech called?
- 13 Who ran against Obama?
How long was Obama’s inauguration speech?
The inaugural address had a length of 2,137 words and President Obama took 18.5 minutes to deliver it between 11:53 a.m. and 12:12 p.m. In a speech “heavy on broad rhetoric and light on policy specifics” as noted by the Washington Post Obama’s second inaugural speech was regarded as laying out a broad liberal or
Who wrote Barack Obama inauguration speech?
Favreau was hired as Obama’s speechwriter shortly after Obama’s election to the United States Senate. Obama and Favreau grew close, and Obama referred to him as his “mind reader.” He went on the campaign trail with Obama during his successful presidential election campaign.
What is the purpose of the presidential inauguration address?
Most presidents use their inaugural address to present their vision of America and to set forth their goals for the nation.
How does Obama address the first big crisis as president?
Obama’s first-term actions addressed the global financial crisis and included a major stimulus package, a partial extension of the Bush tax cuts, legislation to reform health care, a major financial regulation reform bill, and the end of a major US military presence in Iraq.
Which president did not use the Bible to take the oath of office?
Theodore Roosevelt did not use the Bible when taking the oath in 1901, nor did John Quincy Adams, who swore on a book of law, with the intention that he was swearing on the constitution.
Who swears in the VP?
Some Vice Presidents took the oath from the Chief Justice. On some occasions, the outgoing Vice President administered the oath to the Vice President-elect. Since World War II, Vice Presidents have chosen friends and associates to administer the oath of office.
How can I be a good speech writer?
Your must-do list:
- Get to know some speechwriters. Understand their struggles, their stresses.
- Read and listen to speeches. Two per day is a good start.
- Get as many tips as possible for free at the beginning.
- Develop a thick skin. Remember that your speeches are for somebody else.
- Become a speaker.
How do you become a professional speech writer?
Speechwriters need at least a bachelor’s degree, typically in journalism, communications, English or a related field. Additionally, employers often require candidates to have at least 4 years of experience.
Who was Obamas press secretary?
|Preceded by||Robert Gibbs|
|Succeeded by||Josh Earnest|
Which president gave the shortest inauguration speech?
George Washington’s second inaugural address remains the shortest ever delivered, at just 135 words.
Who gave the longest inauguration speech?
Harrison delivered the longest inaugural address to date, running 8,445 words.
What is the president’s first speech called?
The State of the Union Address (sometimes abbreviated to SOTU) is an annual message delivered by the president of the United States to the U.S. Congress near the beginning of each calendar year on the current condition of the nation.
Who ran against Obama?
2012 United States presidential election
|Nominee||Barack Obama||Mitt Romney|
|Running mate||Joe Biden||Paul Ryan|